Process for awarding GCSEs, AS and A levels summer 2020
Prior to results' days, guidance on both the Process for awarding GCSEs, AS and A levels summer 2020 and a Student guide to post-16 qualifications results Summer 2020 has been published by Ofqual.
The rationale behind the process is as follows:
• Teachers know their students well and centres are able to assess grades with a high degree of accuracy.
• The grades centres submitted to the exam boards were agreed by the centre following an internal quality assurance process and are not the sole responsibility of any individual teacher.
• The standardisation process applied by the exam boards ensures grades awarded this year are consistent with those awarded to other cohorts in other years.
• This was the fairest possible approach available under extreme circumstances. It is a rigorous process which means that grades awarded this year are as valid as in any other year.
• This will allow learners to progress to the next stage of their lives in the normal way.
• If you would like to exercise your right for subject access then you need to request this by either asking a member of staff to refer the request to the DPO or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please remember to include your full name, date of birth, academy and detail what information you require in your request.